Banner Duty, Day 1

September 17, 2009

So each of the Fab Five have a huge roll of banners for XX1090 and the Padres and we are supposed to do something with it.

First, I put some on my patio glass wall for all the people eating at Nugent's and Chilis to see as well as all the folks that use the Scripps Poway Parkway Park and Ride.

This morning I went down to The Cancer Survivor's Park in Spanish Landing and set out all my banners, set up my bike in a trainer, and started spinning. I called in around 7:00 and had a brief
spot on the air Great Friends were driving by, honking, and hollaring
"GREAT FRIENDS!" all morning. A guy stopped after driving by and asked if he could shoot some video of me, because it was possibly the most random and interesting thing he had seen in a while. We are not talking camcorder stuff here, he broke out a pro quality video rig. When he sends the video, I'll share.



Afterwards I stopped by the station and grabbed some more banners. I cannot wait until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment