Banner Duty, Day 2

September 18, 2009



Today was the second outing as the marketing squad for the 5 finalists of the Scott & BR Cycling Challenge. With the Samsung World Championships at Torrey Pines Golf Course, I thought it would be a good idea to head over to the hill and Double X it.  I stuck with the training idea because of inspiration from my favorite shirt.  Me, My Bike, My Cause, Just Do It.
I showed up early and it was still dark, I set out and planted signs up the entire grade and on guardrails up the hill after plastering the back of the car parked on the street.  I chalked the bike lane in both directions with the best XX1090 frehanded logo I could do while the dodging riders going up and down the hill. I sported the Scott & BR Jersey and started the hill repeats.  I chatted with riders as I went up the grade about CAF, the QMDC, and the mission I was on with the banners on the hill.


I was listening to the show when it would stream through the phone, and was amazed at the impressive marketing efforts my teammates were brining to the table.  All were over the top ideas, Great work everyone.

I saw quite a few CAF and QMDC jerseys out this morning.  Everyone seemed to be enjoying the great (or painful) workout that Torrey Pines provides.  Thanks to everyone for all of the shouts and honks today, and remember to listen to the Scott & BR Show on  XX1090 between 5 and 9 am.

Two riders will be eliminated this week, and Scott Kaplan couldn't have been more right when he said that things were going to change.  Who will it be, tune in Wednesday morning to find out.  Good luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment