Test Ride

September 5, 2009

Today I decided to do something different. The
Trek Demo Trailer was in town and set up for test rides of the new Trek Madone 6 series. That is the same bike that I ride, I must say have no complaints about, but there has been so much talk about the new setup that I had to go try it out to see what all the hype is. It was a good change from the normal Saturday routine, and I got to see a bunch of old friends.

I went out to Mission Trails and they had it all setup. 2 trailers, and at least 50 bikes from Trek and Gary Fisher. They had all of the top mountain bikes and a good selection of new Madones, Gary Fisher road bikes, and even the Trek Women's Specific Design bikes too! The line was long, so I went out on my own bike to do some repeats up Mission Gorge Road to wait for the lines to shorten and tackle a new hill that I have not climbed before.

I got back to the tents and the bike was available to test. I went back up Mission Gorge and was at a loss for words on the performace of the new Madone. It was super stiff, yet more comfortable than the older generation. They made so many changes I could not list them all, but the new paint and all internal cabling get a thumbs up from me. Everything that they are saying is true. Keep up the good work, Trek.

No comments:

Post a Comment