Many Thanks

September 27, 2009

There is so much to write about!  I have been so busy the last few days that I have been unable to share until now.

I assisted Joy with the Brew Bash on Friday and what a success it was!  There were tons of people there to support The Challenged Athletes Foundation and assisting Joy with her fundraising goal.  There was a HUGE spread of silent auction items, raffle prizes, a very successful singles auction, and good food and drink.  It looks like the event raised over $6,000 for the cause!  Impressive!  I had several items in the auction and walk away pleased with around $1,000 for the lot.  Thanks everyone for helping out and donating.  The Scott & BR Cycling Team was there in force, too, helping to keep the show running.  Great job everyone and congratulations to Joy!

I woke up early on Saturday to get my fundraiser kicked off.  The Poker Run was a hit too.  I had about 25 friends ride and raised $500.  There were lots of smiles, and everyone agreed that it was a fun experience.  Unfortunately, it was a bit warm (temps brushing 90 degrees at the end of Scripps Poway Parkway).  Thanks to everyone for showing up and riding, and thanks for supporting CAF!  And thanks to my teammates for showing up and helping out.  Alex, Brian, Joe, Joy, and Rob, you guys are great friends!  Thanks to my "San Diego family," Bob and Mary White and Louise Smith for helping at the card stops, too.  You guys are wonderful.



Dude, where's my key?!?  After the ride, we realized that Alex gave Joe the key to his car.  Then Joe gave it to Joy.  Joy was tired so she went home, with the key and then turned off her phone and went to sleep.  Oops!  After numerous attempts to reach her, we abandoned hope.  Joe rode home, and I took Alex to Joy's home to fetch the key.  We stirred a confused Joy from her deep slumber, through the sleep stupor, she found the key and we got Alex on his way.

I was extremely exhausted.  It was a long week.  Planning, fundraising, work, and life in general had wiped me out.  I sat on the couch to catch a movie, and woke up 7 hours later.  Wow, I have never taken a nap so long in my life.

Thanks again everyone for a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment